Are you ready to start blowing stuff out with Houdini?Would you like to learn how to destroy a planet, tear down a building or simply smash a glass window using rigid bodies in Houdini?Great!!!Welcome to our RBD Houdini workshop (VFX Destruction)!Houdini is my favorite application for destroying CG objects, it makes it very easy to set up VFX dynamic simulations with its procedural workflow.
Houdini also offers great physics and realism, learn how to use Houdini and start creating this kind of visual effects using the Bullet and RBD solvers.
About the course:
This is the most complete visual effects destruction training program available in the universe. In just 6 weeks you will learn how to choreograph rigid bodies and VFX simulations of destruction with Houdini.
During this training program we will explore every single aspect of the RBD’s Dynamics network in Houdini.
The first part of the course is about understanding how the RBD (DOP’S) and Dynamics Network works inside Houdini.
You will learn how to set up objects, their mass, friction, density and other attributes that will make start your simulation effects with DOP’S in no time.
- Understanding Rigid Bodies
- Solid objects (FEM)
- Dynamic solvers
- Fracturing Objects
- Glue Objects
- Breaking Objects
This is the second chapter of our training course and in this section you will learn how to access and manipulate data inside your simulation network.
- Understanding internal state of SOP simulations
- Multiple solvers
- Simulation networks
- Houdini dynamic units
- Objects and data
- Voronoi Fracture
This is the third session and by this point you should have a clear understanding about Houdini simulations and RBD objects. Now it is time to play with forces and understand how we can change the behavior of our simulations so that we can choreograph our effects the way we want them.
- Initial State
- The importance of solve order
- Utility Solvers
- Data names
- Data shares
- Collision representations
Why should you study at CardanFX Studios?
- Experienced artists and trainers working in the entertaintment insdustry for more than 15 years.
- We are not a how to do an effect tutorial site. In CardanFX School Of Visual Effects you are always working with your projects and not by our teachers, you really have to get your hands durty and this makes your learning process a lot more effective.
- Learn at your own pace but with somebody always guiding you through the entire program. We are always ready to help with any topic related to your OnLine classes by phone, google hang outs, email, Skype or even Facebook.
- 100% Satisfaction guarantee.
- If After 2 weeks of training you feel like this is not the right course for you, we’ll give you your money back.*
- You must be the age of majority in your country in order to apply. If you are a minor your parent or guardian should apply for you.
- Fill out the application form and send it back to us.
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Wait for a response (Up to 48 hours)
- Pay tuition according with the program
- Read instructions and policies about our training
- Review materials needed to complete the course
- Review the application and submit again.
- If the reason is because there is not enough room in the course you can change your application to the next upcoming course available.
- High speed internet service (1M recommended)
- PC or MAC with the following specifications : Recent generation processor 32 ( 64-bit Recommended), 2 GB in RAM Memory (4 recommended), 100 GB free space in hard drive.
- SideFX Houdini (Apprentice or Indie)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Microsoft Office/Oracle Open Office
Note: Minimum requirements may change without notice. Please contact our IT department if you have any question regarding this subject. We don’t sell or provide software licences.